In 30 days, I'll be turning 40. How on earth did that happen?!
There are still so many things I haven't done yet. There are places to visit, books to write, artwork to make, classes to teach... Do you ever feel that way too?
Instead of despairing about getting older, I decided to make a list of 30 fun things I'd like to do during my last 30 days of being thirtysomething. Here goes:
1. Go on a fancy picnic with delicious food and drink.
2. Plan a weekend trip to an exciting city.
3. Visit a flea market and look for vintage maps and foreign language dictionaries.
4. Surprise my children and/or husband with something special every day - a flower, baked goods, a book, a drawing...
5. Send out several hand written postcards to old friends.
6. Treat myself to a special breakfast out.
7. Have a "beauty day" at home featuring a long hot bath and a nap.
8. Color my hair with natural plant-based pigments.
9. Paint my toenails.
10. Create a vision journal. I've always wanted to do this, but I've never taken the time.
11. Print out the digital photos of my children and put together their baby books and photo albums - finally!
12. Buy a nice pair of pajamas and some nice underwear. Discard tattered t-shirts and socks.
13. Join the Munich library. Sink into great books and classic films.
14. Update my address book.
15. Update my birthday calendar.
16. Read something inspiring every day.
17. Stop worrying so much about the future and live in the moment (so easily said, so hard to do.)
18. Get an iPhone and learn to use it.
19. Do yoga or qigong or some form of enjoyable exercise every morning.
20. Sign up for an ecourse.
21. Finish writing my own ecourse!
22. Be less of a perfectionist (so easily said, so hard to do.)
23. Go out for Italian ice cream - this one is easy :)
24. Get enough sleep - this is more difficult.
25. Redesign/update my blog.
26. Redesign/update my website.
27. Spend a day or two being a "tourist" in Munich. See what I can discover.
28. Create and share something new and wild and beautiful that delights many people around the world.
29. Play more. Make art just for fun, and do silly crafty things with the kids.
30. Dream about my birthday cake!
What do you want to do in the next 30 days? What would you add to this list?
How have you celebrated special birthdays in the past? Any suggestions? Has anyone else already gone past the milestone of 40? Did it hurt?
Hope you are having a lovely week!