It feels a little egocentric to post this, but I just added this list to my About page, and I thought it might be fun for you to read it too. Personally, I love reading these lists on other people's pages :) xo
10 Things You Might or Might Not Know About Me
1. I love outdoor picnics and spicy food.
2. I have naturally curly hair.
3. I talk a lot + I still have a Southern accent, despite my 17 years in Germany.
4. I adore handmade patchwork quilts and two of my most prized possessions are quilts made by my great Aunt Pearl in Tennessee.
5. I am energized by people with an eccentric streak, as Kerouac wrote: "The only people for me are the mad ones. The ones who are mad to love, mad to talk, mad to be saved; the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."
6. I love dogs and herb gardens and I hope to have both again one day.
7. I fill my home with art, books, and handmade things because they are beautiful, and I enjoy supporting artisans and those working creatively.
8. I dream of writing and illustrating my own books and having them published.
9. I make a pot of black-eyed peas every January 1st for good luck.
10. I have an optimistic feeling that 2014 is going to be a very special year - for everyone :)
What about you? What are your 10 things? And how do you feel about 2014? The new year will be arriving soon, woohoo!